Osho Quotes and Sayings
- Your mind is a constant traffic of
thoughts, and it is always rush hour, day in, day out. Meditation
means to watch the movement of thoughts in the mind.
- Sannyas is not a question of doing: it is
a question of awareness, understanding, observation, witnessing.
- To be total is a basic thing for any
seeker, for anyone in search of silence and truth.
- Love is the door, it is irrelevant with
whom you have fallen in love. Love redeems, neither Jesus, nor
Krishna. Love redeems. Fall in love. Love is the only redeeming
force. Love is the savior.
- Whenever you are surrendered to existence,
whenever you live in trust, love, prayer, joy, celebration, you are
- Silence is the inner health; mind is the
inner disease, inner disturbance.
- Man has nothing else to do but surrender ó
in deep trust, in deep love. Donít be a doer, just surrender. Let
there be a let-go.
- Compassion is a shadow of meditation; a
meditative mind is a compassionate mind.
- The whole play of existence is so
beautiful that laughter can be the only response to it. Only
laughter can be the real prayer, gratitude.
- A prayer rooted in any motive is ugly, a
prayer addressed to somebody is ugly.
- Just see the point! Just be yourself and
remember you cannot be anything else, whatsoever you do. All effort
is futile. You have to be just yourself.
- The first thing to remember is how to drop
thoughts and become thoughtless ó thoughtless but alert.
- Remember: ego can create misery, ego can
create anguish, ego can create hate, ego can create jealousy. Ego
can never become a vehicle for the divine, it can never become the
passage for the beyond.
- Life is only a school and unless you learn
enlightenment, you will go on moving into the circle of life and
- Relaxation is the point. And if you can
relax with an enlightened person his enlightenment will start
penetrating you, because when you are relaxed you become porous.
When you are tense you are closed; when you relax he will enter.
- The ego of the politician wants nobody to
be higher than him. But whether you want it or not, the religious
person is higher than you. You cannot bring transformation into
people's consciousness -- he can.